🛁 Washing & Drying
1. The detergent & softener you use greatly affects the silky feel & quality duration of my mesh shorts! After extensive testing over the years, we have found 3 clear standouts – and no they are not the cheapest, but neither is our clothing, and we want you to enjoy these bad boys for years to come!
If you have Prime Membership you can save quite a bit by buying these on Amazon:
2. Zip-up zippers, button up buttons, and tie (or remove) drawstrings before washing & drying. This helps to keep them from catching on other items in the load, or on appliance fins and parts during cycles.
3. Wash mesh shorts & tanks in cold water for the longest life, and to maintain vibrant colors
4. As with most items that have bold colorssuch as red, burgundy, orange, yellow or blue, it is recommended that you wash them separately once or twicejust to make sure any small amount of residual dye doesn’t bleed onto other garments. After a wash or two, they’re good to go!
5. White mesh has a strong habit of absorbing color from other garments in a load of laundry and may take on a dull or grayish appearance. It is recommended that you always wash white mesh separately, or with other whites only. I know, I know we sound like your mother about separating whites but it’s true. 😉 If you don’t do it and you notice your white shorts looking dull, it’s ok to wash our white mesh items with a little chlorine bleach (but only occasionally to preserve the life of the fabric).
6. Dry your mesh gear on a low (or delicate) setting. No, they won’t fall apart if you dry them on normal or high! But if you do you may notice them slightly shrink, or tighten up. However, if you want them to tighten upthen go for it and try drying on normal. 😜
🚑 After Care
1. If mesh or piping become, or start to look wrinkled – which rarely happens unless you wear the hell out of these (ok, this is a legit probability) or totally slack on folding and promptly putting away your laundry (um ditto) – you may use a cool iron to restore them to their youthful beauty. 😊
2. Drawstrings can, and sometimes do catch on dryer parts and end up all strangely twisted after you take them out of the dryer – it’s because we use, um, thick heavy tips. 😏 But don’t panic! Simply remove the drawstring from your shorts, soak it in hot water for several minutes, then take it and carefully un-twist and flatten it out. Lay it out to dry before putting it back in your shorts (easy ’cause of those tips!).
👍 Tips for staying wrinkle free (and avoid ironing!)
1. Take your load of laundry out of the dryer immediately after it finishes, before your clothes have completely cooled.
2. Put your hand into each pocket to straighten them out, then grab your chino shorts with each hand on the left and right opposite ends of the waistband, and shake them out vigorously several times until they look pretty flat.
3. Lay them on a soft surface like your bed and gently smooth with your hands (again, this should be while the shorts are still a bit warm from the dryer).
4. Don’t put them in a drawer – hang them in your closet with what’s called a “skirt hanger” which is simply a hanger with a straight vertical piece of wood and two clips on each side. If you hang them after you shaken and smoothed them, and they are still a little warm, they will get very flat as they hang and cool and you shouldn’t need to iron! (But if you still want too, a relatively cool iron is fine!)
It also organizes and helps you maintain a pristine closet with an impressive “retail look” that’ll remind you of all your badass options without digging through your drawers every morning!
🏆 My favorite hangers for shorts & pants: Whitmor Wood Clip Hangers
🆘 Any other questions?
Feel free to contact usand we’ll be glad to help!
⚠️ Warning: You may lose all eye contact!
It’s true, with these bad boys you may lose the comfort of eye contact with those you’re speaking to. Have fun with it buddy! 😜 Whether a snarky “Um my eyes are up here!” or a devious “Whatcha looking at..?” enjoy your new sense of confidence and the attention.